Friday, December 21, 2012

Daily Skincare Routine

Hello everyone! I hope you all are having a stress-free week with all of the holidays here, and right around the corner. Happy Holidays everyone!!

Lately, I have been having some breakouts around my forehead, and a few on my chin. They aren't terrible, but they are driving me crazy. I am not sure if the ones on my forehead have been caused from coloring my hair from blonde to red. It is a different color line, than I have used in the past. I did begin breaking out on my forehead right after I colored it. For the past 2 months I have trying to figure out how to clear my skin. As an Esthetician, I have been testing several different skincare techniques to help my skin. Below I have shared my new skincare routine, along with a list of products!! :)

1.) Cleanser: Cerave Cleanser for Normal to Oily Skin. I always cleanse my face first thing in the morning, and right before bed. No makeup to bed! Remember the way to prevent fine lines and wrinkles is preventative steps....aka before it happens. Starting young is never too soon! I also never use hot water on my skin. I only use warm because it is gentle on the skin. I use 2 pumps of cleanser, mixed with a tiny bit of water. I use circular motions for about 2 minutes, then rinse. Don't forget to check out my favorite cleaner post with a review on Cerave!

2.) Exfoliator: Eminence Organic Strawberry Rhubarb Dermafoliant. This product is a powder substance. Sprinkle a small amount into your hands. Using a small amount of warm water, mix together in your hands. Work this product into your face for 2 minutes, and rinse. I only do this step 2-3 times a week. I try and spread it out, so I am not stripping the oils from my skin.

3.) Masque: Eminence Organic Strawberry Rhubarb Masque. This masque is amazing! It not only adds in hydration, had anti-aging products, but helps control my breakouts as well! It truly is amazing, and a little goes a long way. I use this masque 3 times a week currently. I add a small amount to a damp face, and massage into my skin for about 30 seconds. Then I let it sit for 10 minutes (while I am in the shower). Then rinse off, and your skin will feel like butter!

4.) Spot Treatment: Clean and Clear acne Gel Treatment. This is a spot treatment that is used just for blemishes. I use this at night before bed. I place a small amount of the blemish, and slightly dab my finger on it to push the product into the skin. This works great on blemishes!

5.) Eye cream: Eminence Organic Wild Plum Eye Cream. This is a great under eye cream, used twice a day. It helps with dark circles, puffiness, and add moisture to the eye area. I take my ring finger to add a pin drop size to each eye, and slightly dab the area to help the eyes absorb the product. Remember the skin under your eye is the thinnest on your body, so always use gentle pressure on them. This will prevent fine lines and wrinkles!

5.) Moisturizer: Cerave AM and PM Moisturizer. I love these moisturizers! They are great for all skin types. I use two pumps when using this product, and apply in circular motions until absorbed. Don't forget to always moisturize after you cleanse, exfoliate, or masque! The AM contains SPF 30. This is great because ya 2 products in 1! Don't forget even if you have oily skin or acne you need to moisturize. Look for oil-free in your products to help prevent oil buildup if your have oily/problematic skin types! If you are feeling extra dry: as soon as you cleanse your face, and your face is still damp, add your moisturizer immediately. This will lock in extra moisturizer! :)

If you have any questions about your skin or products please feel free to email me at Kahleydanielle@gmail.com or check out my Facebook page Kahley Danielle's Makeup Artistry! :)

You can purchase Cerave products at the drugstore, as well as Clean and Clear. Eminence Organics can be purchased through an Eminence Retailer, or myself! :) Eminence Organics is a 100% Certified Organic Skincare Line made in Hungary. I will be posting a review very soon.











No comments:

Post a Comment